Mobile Navigation Menu Icon. 3 horizontal gold bars.

University Advancement

John Dodge House
507 Golf View Lane
Rochester, MI 48309-4488
(248) 370-4504
Fax: (248) 370-3182
giving@oakland.edu

University Advancement

John Dodge House
507 Golf View Lane
Rochester, MI 48309-4488
(248) 370-4504
Fax: (248) 370-3182
giving@oakland.edu

multiple antique picture frames with black and white photos

Meadow Brook Estate

In a visionary act of philanthropy, Matilda Dodge Wilson and Alfred Wilson donated their 1,500-acre Meadow Brook Farms estate-including their residence, Meadow Brook Hall-and $2 million to Michigan State University in 1957 to form a branch campus in Oakland County that would eventually become Oakland University.

The Wilsons epitomized the humility and reward of giving back, changing the lives of thousands of students through the transformational power of education and a dedication to quality in thought and deed.

Today, the Meadow Brook Estate can inspire and teach us, our children and grandchildren about the dedication to craftsmanship and hard work that built America. Meadow Brook Farms and Meadow Brook Hall were built with these values top of mind. During the Campaign for the Great Estate, Meadow Brook now seeks to create and sustain three-dimensional interpretive facilities and state-of-the-art educational programs that use the work ethic and lifestyles of two 20th Century automotive pioneering families to teach the power of inspired commitment to quality.

Fundraising priorities include:

  • Landmark Fund
  • Interpretive Facilities Projects
Give Now

For more information about Meadow Brook Estate, please contact Alison Gaudreau.

Headshot of Alison Gaudreau
Alison Gaudreau
Senior Director of Campaign Management
(248) 364-6117
agaudreau@oakland.edu