586 Pioneer Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
Office Hours during Winter 2017 semester:
Monday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
Oakland University offers you opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment at the graduate level, without pursuing a full graduate degree. To be admitted as a professional development student, please submit
- Online application for admission
- Copy of a transcript with a bachelor’s degree posted (if your bachelor’s degree was completed outside the U.S., a transcript evaluation by a NACES member is required. Many applicants use World Educational Services or Educational Credential Evaluators).
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will also be required to provide proof of your current immigration status. International students on an F-1 student visa may not be admitted to OU with professional development status.
OU offers several professional development programs and workshops, including those in the fields of education and human services, engineering, nursing, health sciences, and more. Visit OU’s Professional and Continuing Education page for a list of programs. Financial aid is not typically available for professional development students.
If you’re admitted to a degree program at another accredited institution and wish to take courses at Oakland University for purposes of credit transfer, you should apply as a guest student. Please remember
- Enrollment for all guest students is limited to 12 credit hours
- Graduate guest students are typically admitted to Oakland University for one semester only
You may apply by guest type:
Regular guest students are students who are admitted to degree programs at institutions other than the Michigan institutions listed below.
Graduate guest applicants who are not admitted at one of the institutions listed below can use the guest application to apply. A letter from your home institution confirming that you are in good academic standing must also be submitted.
Please consult your adviser at your home institution regarding the ability to transfer specific credits to your program.
Applicants admitted to degree programs at one of the Michigan institutions listed below and wishing to take courses at Oakland University for purposes of credit transfer should apply by using the Michigan Intercollegiate Graduate Studies (MIGS) Program Application Form.
Northern Michigan University
Sacred Heart Major Seminary
Central Michigan University
Saginaw Valley State University
Eastern Michigan University
Siena Heights College
Ferris State University
University of Detroit Mercy
Grand Valley State University
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Michigan - Dearborn
University of Michigan - Flint
Michigan State University
Wayne State University
Michigan Technological University
Western Michigan University