Founded in 2008, as the first LGBTQIA focused program in the state of Michigan, the Peer Mentoring Program aims to support new students in their transition to college by providing an experienced student mentor. This one-on-one mentoring relationship allows new students to develop academic and leadership skills in addition to providing information on available support services and academic programs. For more information, contact GSC@oakland.edu.
Application: Interviews and training for fall of 2017 begins in Winter 2017. Don’t wait, apply now!
Qualifications: To qualify, individuals must:
- Be enrolled at OU full time
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be in good disciplinary standing with the University and residence halls
- Be in sophomore standing prior to fall application
- Have the ability to perform responsibly in a leadership role
- Have solid interpersonal skills
- Be a positive role model