SAFE on Campus
Students, Administrators and Faculty for Equality (SAFE) on Campus empowers students, staff and faculty to provide support to LGBTQIA colleagues at Oakland University. Training includes sexual orientation versus gender identity, defining LGBTQIA, includes group activities, campus resources, and guidance on making referrals. Training is now available in introductory and advanced levels.
Training sessions are approximately 45 – 60 minutes long and varies between introductory and advanced level training.
- Introductory training includes:
- Information on LGBTQIA terminology
- The role of an ally
- Group activities
- How to make referrals
- On campus resources
- Advance training includes:
- In-depth discussion surrounding social justice theories of being an ally
- Provides more extensive information on lesser understood identities
- Introductory training must be completed first and within the past two years to qualify.