Social Media Street Team
The Social Media Street Team is made up of current students, alumni, faulty, and staff who are passionate about Oakland University and social media.
Street team members are running the conversation — using #ThisIsOU — about what it means to be a Golden Grizzly. In return, they are building their personal brand and making connections with others who share a passion for Oakland University.
We're looking for current students, alumni, faculty, and staff who are truly social – do you have a passion for sharing your story in the digital space? Join our email list to learn about future opportunities.
If you're interested in taking over the OaklandU Snapchat – fill out one of the forms on our Snapchat page. If you need some more training on social media – whether personal, departmental, or for your club, contact us!
Share your OU story with #ThisIsOU
- be among the first to know about OU social media contests and opportunities
- be called upon for university marketing materials and commercials (be #OUFamous)
- be a correspondent to the official OU accounts and grow your own social following when you contribute to OU's social media accounts (we always give photo credit)
- have the inside scoop on all things social
- network with alumni and other influencers through fun volunteer opportunities
- build your personal brand and digital portfolio
- earn limited edition OU swag
As an alum, there are plenty of ways to share your story with the OU community. And your influence is greater than you may think. Current students want to see how their college experiences can shape your life and career. Prospective students want to know what their options might be and who their connections are in the workplace. And your faculty and mentors value your input.
Use #ThisIsOU when:
- life lessons remind you of a memorable lecture or experience
- your diploma arrives or finds itself somewhere impressive
- you're wearing your OU gear while traveling (also a good way to stumble across other alums in different parts of the world)
- you do a #TBT of the college years
- you're on campus or at an OU event
- you see OU logos at local establishments (or anywhere)
- you meet an OU student who absolutely impresses you (because they then to do that)
- you come across a fellow alum and you bond over the Bear Lake vs. Beer Lake debate
You could also apply to take over the oaklandu Snapchat story and show a day-in-the-life.
- Offer extra credit for students to get involved with the Street Team (sample/template instructions)
- Showcase your expertise, research interests, and community involvement:
- Media are interested in educated opinions or analysis regarding timely topics
- Colleagues from OU and other institutions can connect with you, share ideas in this public forum
- Students appreciate seeing faculty who are engaged in social media and staying up on current topics that relate to their areas of expertise
- Consider taking over the oaklandu Snapchat story for a day!
- Stay connected with the students you mentor and have in class
- Networking with other on-campus influencers
- Networking with colleagues and industry professionals at conferences and events
- Incorporate social media into the curriculum, if it fits (consider a guest speaker from OU's Social Media staff)
- Share OU news and school pride on your personal or departmental social accounts!