The Eye Research Institute is located on the main campus of Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. The university is located about 30 miles north of Detroit and 50 miles northeast of Ann Arbor. Most air traffic arrives at Detroit Metro Airport (DTW), located about 20 miles west of downtown Detroit and about 40 miles southwest of Oakland University. Click here for driving directions from Detroit Metro Airport.
The institute is housed in Dodge Hall. Research laboratories occupy the third and fourth floors, while administrative offices are on the fourth floor in rooms 417 and 422.
For more directional information, see any of the following maps:
Driving directions from Detroit Metro Airport:
Oakland University's Eye Research Institute is approximately 35 miles (45 minutes) north of Detroit Metro Airport.
- Rental cars exit the airport by driving EAST on LUCAS DRIVE, then making a LEFT onto MIDDLEBELT ROAD (NORTH).
- Take the I-94 EAST RAMP towards Detroit.
- Stay on I-94 EAST about 16 miles to I-75.
- Take EXIT I-75 NORTH RAMP.
- Proceed NORTH on I-75 about 22 miles to EXIT 79, UNIVERSITY DRIVE.
- At end of exit ramp, bear RIGHT onto UNIVERSITY DRIVE (EAST).
- Proceed about 1 mile to SQUIRREL ROAD (Divided Highway).
- Turn RIGHT onto SQUIRREL ROAD (SOUTH).
- Turn LEFT onto PIONEER DRIVE (EAST).
- Turn LEFT onto LIBRARY DRIVE (NORTH).