Online Readiness Self-Evaluation
If you agree with the statements below, an online program is likely a great fit for you!
- I am able to learn independently.
- I can remember information that I read and do not need to hear it out loud.
- Physical classroom camaradarie isn't a high priority for me
- I can pace myself to meet set deadlines.
- I understand that an online course requires the same time commitment as a traditional face-to-face course (sometimes even more).
- I appreciate flexibility in my class schedule.
- When faced with frustrating computer problems, I maintain a sense of calm and know how to search for solutions.
- I am comfortable corresponding via online services like email, forums, and social networking.
- I have a computer with internet access.
- I can type 20-30 words per minute. (typing test)
- I know how to copy and paste between different programs.
- I know how to use and install standard internet tools (YouTube, email, web browsers, Microsoft Office, Flash, Java, etc.)
- I am familiar with how to use computer hardware like the camera and microphone.