The Education Specialist Degree (Ed.S.) in Leadership is a 34 credit, cohort-structured, post-master’s degree program designed for individuals who are looking to further their education and aspire to positions in education administration. The curriculum is relevant — aligning instruction with the true experience in leadership — and connects with current issues in K-12 education.
Benefits of this Program Include:
- Convenient class schedule/format, designed for busy professionals
- Can be completed in 22-months
- Experienced administrators and area specialists teach all courses
- Customize your research, mentorship, and internship
- Michigan Department of Education approved
- Nationally recognized by the National Policy Board of Education Administration (NPB) and the Education Leadership Constituent Counsel (ELCC)
- Knowledge of all the important aspects of school administration
- Increased career options as a principal or school administrator
- Gain extensive experience (via internship) in preparation for a front line administrative position as an informed and reflective educational leader
The Ed.S. program in Leadership goals are designed to prepare leaders for the challenges inherent in school leadership, specifically to:
- Prepare transformational leaders who can build a school culture and vision to ensure success for every student;
- Create and sustain social justice;
- Use data and research to inform practice;
- Build capacity for teachers to work as leaders in the schools;
- Prepare students for a knowledge economy.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Evidence of bachelor’s and master’s degrees from accredited institution
- Recommendations from two supervisors
- Goal statement and curriculum vitae
To be considered for graduate admission, applicants must submit the following university and program application documents by the published application deadlines.
- Download an Application Packet
- Complete the free online graduate application by clicking on the APPLY NOW FOR FREE button.
Application Type: Grad - Education Specialist
Planned Course of Study: Education Specialist in Leadership -100% Online