MEd in Special Education with Concentration in EI
Plan of Study - Please see a sample Plan of Study showing the required courses for this 40-credit master's degree.
One of the following exit options must be completed:
- Individuals with Michigan Teacher Certification (Exit Option A): Practicum/Student Teaching*
*The practicum must be completed in person at a site approved by the faculty adviser.
- Individuals who do not have Michigan teacher certification (Exit Option B): Approved Electives
- Undergraduate or graduate degree with minimum GPA of 3.0
- Those seeking the EI teaching endorsement must hold or be eligible for a valid Michigan elementary or secondary teaching certificate
- The M.Ed. in Special Education with EI Concentration is also available to non-teachers; see Program Adviser for admission criteria
- Potential for success in the program
To be considered for graduate admission, applicants must submit all of the following university and program application documents by the published application deadlines.
Download an application packet. Read through the application packet carefully and submit all other required application paperwork to the designated areas.
Complete the free online graduate application by clicking on the Apply Now For Free button.
- Application Type: Grad – Masters
- Planned Course of Study: Online and/or Hybrid Program: MEd in Special Education-Conc. Emotional Impairment
**Our Graduate Certificate in EI meets the MDE requirements for the teaching endorsement.