Mindfulness Retreat: Restore, Renew and Unplug
Restore, Renew and Unplug
9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Oakland University Main Campus
This is a day of mindfulness practice, designed for anyone who wants to enter into stillness and be involved with mindfulness practice.
- Would you like to slow down your world and experience being in the present moment?
- Take time to pause and breathe in peace and calm?
- Engage in a series of mindfulness activities that are designed to support you?
If so, this retreat is for you - for your personal life! This is not a workshop in how to teach mindfulness, this is a retreat for Y-O-U, with time to experience enough quiet to restore, renew, and unplug.
The Mindfulness Retreat is for beginners or people with a history of mindfulness practice; we will begin with some of the basics, and proceed to practicing together. This retreat is a time to push the pause button and allow some spaciousness in your world. It is a day without the usual interruptions and rush. As with other mindfulness workshops, we will spend some time in active learning and practice.
Some of the meditations we will practice:
- Letting go
- Being fully present
- Breathing- finding your anchor
Dr. Caryn Wells will facilitate this workshop. She has presented workshops in Mindfulness basics, Mindfulness with Self-Compassion, Mindfulness for Educational Leaders, and Mindfulness for Mental Health Practitioners. She teaches mindfulness practice to graduate students in her classes, and introductions to doctoral and medical students at Oakland University. She has had extensive training in mindfulness practice.
During this retreat, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Practice a variety of mindfulness meditations
- Have time to reflect and savor
- Learn some of the basics of self-care
- Have time to share practices with others in the room
- Network with others who are also interested in developing or maintaining a mindfulness practice
- Practice developing a voice of self-compassion
- Find the best resources for you to develop a program of self-care
- Have time to develop a plan for well-being
- Workshop Registration Fee: $89
- SCECHs Fee: Additional $10
- Parking is free on Oakland University's Main Campus
- Lunch will be provided to all participants
For more information, please contact:
Kelly Quintana, Assistant Program Coordinator