- Nick Lauer (HDCS)
- Jon Margerum-Leys (SEHS Dean)
- Rick Dement (Dean's Office)
- Mark Olson (TDES)
- Larry Buzas (DOL)
- Brian Taber (CNS)
- Paul Morsink (R&LA)
- Barbara Begin-Campbell (ERL)
- Julie Chapie (ERL)
- Andrea Lewis (OPS)
- David Secord (Dean's Office)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Technology Advisory Committee
The Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) was formed in the early days of the School of Education & Human Services. At a time when most faculty & staff did not even have a computer in their individual offices, the idea was presented to have SEHS take a lead on developing technology that would not only be used in our building, but campus wide. The President of Oakland University provided two grants which were used to purchase classroom materials and the model grew from there.
The Technology Advisory Committee fosters a culture of inquiry and conversation that promotes best practices in teaching, scholarship, and learning with technology. We promote technology education, training, and development. We remain apprised of current technology configurations and usage in the school. We advocate for purchases that best meet the technology needs of faculty and assist with the dispersal of funds to meet the technology needs of students, as consistent with the mission of the School of Education and Human Services.
2017 - OU/K12 Technology Discussion Forum
- Date: Thursday, April 27, 2017 from 9:00a.m. to 2:00p.m
- Featured topics:
- Formative Assessments Using Technology in the Classroom
- Overview of Available Resources in the Educational Resources Lab
- Live Text Implementation Steps & Training
- Technology Needs for Student Interns in K-12 Schools
- New Digital Literacies and Learning Curriculum
- Light refreshments and lunch will be served
- Seats are limited, please register today!
Past Events Include
- March 19, 2016 Technology Workshop hosted by Office of Professional Services (OPS)
- February, 2016 OU/K12 Administrators Technology Discussion Forum
- Summer, 2015 Technology Workshop hosted by Office of Professional Services (OPS)
- May 5, 2015 - OU/K12 Administrators Forum
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 - Enhancing Instruction with Technology Workshop (PD)
- Summer 2014 Technology Workshop hosted by Professional Development
- “Lunch Talk” - Are you ready for a job in the education market? We would like to share with our students what the SEHS TAC Committee has learned from K-12 administrators and educators.
SEHS Departmental Requests for Technology
Update - November 29, 2016
The 2016-17 TAC Grant Period is now open.
Please submit the Request for Technology and all supporting documents to the TAC committee by January 17, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Nick Lauer, TAC Chair, Rick Dement, Julie Chapie or your Department TAC representative.
September 27, 2016
The TAC Grant process is being enhanced this year to include early conversation and consultation regarding proposed grants. Don't until the month of December or January to begin your grant conversation - the ERL may have the equipment you want, SEHS may have access to the software you are thinking about, or just test out and enhance your ideas. Start the conversation as soon as you think of it - fill out the consultation form below!
Held annually, the Oakland University/TAC/K-12 Discussion Forum is an opportunity for higher ed to interact with and learn from K-12 administrators and technology personnel in order to better serve our own students as well as the K-12 community. To be including in future forums, send us your thoughts and comments at email@example.com.
In February, 2016, representatives from 13 local districts & ISD's along with representatives from the Library of Michigan and Gale Cengage met with OU SEHS faculty and staff to collaborate on issues including
- hot topics in local districts
- MeL resource update
- video reflections/analysis
- technology advancements
In May, 2015, representatives from 14 local districts & ISD's collaborated with OU Faculty and staff on:
- SEHS updates
- technology implementations (iPads, Chromebooks, Google Drive, BYOD & Interactive devices
- online assessments
- Online Learning/Class Management Systems
- Professional Development
In February, 2014, representatives from 13 local districts met with SEHS faculty and staff for a meeting. Our forum centered on the following questions:
- How do you use digital technology in your classrooms? How do you align the instructional design and methodology or tool to the instructional need?
- In considering our teacher interns, what technology do you see them using and what knowledge in this area should they bringing?
- What new initiatives is K-12 facing?
- How is your district meeting the MDE online experience requirement?
- What are your tech hardware and software problems?