Office of Undergraduate Education

O'Dowd Hall, Rooms 340-342
386 Pioneer Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4454
(location map)
(248) 370-4083

Hands with many different skin tones overlapping in a stack.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements among schools of higher education allow students to advance from one school's course of study to an Oakland University program of study. These agreements state which classes a student can take in another school that meet the degree requirements for an Oakland University program. Articulation agreements are typically signed between community colleges and universities. They help both institutions know the expectations for different classes and allow both institutions to come to an agreement on what to teach in the classroom to prepare the students better for the future.

Current Articulation Agreements can be found on the Registrar's Articulation Agreements page.

Baldwin Center
OU Major: University Wide
OU School: AA
Agreement Type: MOU

Genesee Intermediate School District
OU Major: Special Education
OU School: SEHS
Agreement Type: Affiliation Agreement

Michigan State University
OU Major: Nursing
OU School: SON
Agreement Type: Affiliation Agreement

Wayne State University
OU Major: Health Sciences
OU School: SHS
Agreement Type: 3+1 (3 years at OU)

To create an articulation agreement you will need the following:
  • Curriculum guide that outlines the coursework completed at the transferring institution, along with a guide of what courses need to be completed at Oakland University for the degree.
  • An agreement that outlines the conditions of the articulation between the transferring institution and Oakland University. If interested in articulation agreements, contact Carly Miller, Associate Registrar for Transfer Articulation, at