General WERG Meeting Information
WERG Meetings are held every other month, and are open to all to attend. The theme this academic year is "Lead Where You Stand" and is meant to empower all women to be the genius you were born to be as well as do genius work, no matter what title or level. Regardless of what you do in the university, or the current conditions of your life, it is absolutely essential to remember that you have the power to show leadership where you are now planted -- and shine in brilliance at all you do.
If you would like to be added to list to receive a calendar invitation to WERG Meetings, please email Petra Knoche (WERG Co-President) at email@example.com.
Women's Employee Resource Group
To provide support, programs, resources and referral information to the women employees of Oakland University.
Our purpose and goals:
- To provide a support system and availability of resources for women employees of Oakland University
- To create opportunities for professional and personal development for all OU women employees, including professional advancement
- To create a climate of inclusion
- To provide opportunities for open communication between represented and non-represented employee groups and the administration, affording OU women employees the opportunity to feel safe and empowered to voice opinions and concerns
- To develop programs, events and activities which address the professional and personal needs of all OU women employees
- To increase participation and membership in OU's Women Employees Resource Group