For each class, input the number of credit hours and the numerical grade you received. Your GPA is determined by multiplying the number of credits for each class by your grade points and then finding the average.
To calculate your GPA for ONE semester:
- Multiply the numeric grade by the number of credit hours. The result is the grade points (quality points) earned.
- Total the credit hours for the term; total the quality points for the term.
- Divide the total quality points by the total credit hours. The result is the GPA for the term.
To calculate your OVERALL GPA:
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above for each term.
- Total the credit hours from all terms; total the quality points from all terms.
- Divide the total quality points for all terms by the total credit hours for all terms. The result is the cumulative GPA.
This GPA calculator should only be used as a resource to help you understand how grade point averages are calculated, the results are not official. Official GPA calculations are completed by OU's Office of the Registrar and can be found in your SAIL account.
All grades appear on student transcripts. However, only numerical grades are used to determine the grade point average, which is truncated at two decimal places.