Submit all applications to our Focus: HOPE office
1360 Oakman Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48238
How to Apply:
If you are a Wayne County Resident who is a federal cash assistance recipient or have recently “timed out” of your federal cash assistance and are ready for education & training in a high demand healthcare industry.
HPOG provides training, education and supportive services to eligible Wayne County residents that are receiving federal cash assistance for healthcare occupations that pay well and are in high demand.
Grant eligibility requirements:
- Must be interested in a career in healthcare
- Must be receiving federal cash assistance (TANF) or have timed out within the last 24 months
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a resident of Wayne County
- Must be able to provide Your TABE test results from your PATH Case Manager (if you fail to obtain this, you will be scheduled to re-take the TABE test)
- Must be able to provide documentation of your TANF Status from MI Bridges or your Case Manager (if you are having difficulty obtaining this, please let your Employment Specialist know)
- Must be able to provide a copy of your current resume
Step 1: Contact a Community Liaison to attend an orientation at 313-394-1051
Step 2: If eligible, you will be contacted by an Employment Specialist for an enrollment meeting. This meeting will be 45 minutes to 1 hour long, so please plan accordingly. If you do not have ALL documentation, your enrollment may be delayed.
Volunteers of America Michigan
Health Profession Opportunity Grants 2.0
3031 W. Grand Blvd Ste. 465
MI Works Locations
Oakland University School of Nursing Continuing Education - Detroit
Oakland University is seeking clinical nursing Instructors with Pediatric and OB background experience. Days are needed Thursday/Friday 7:00am. - 3:00pm. and Saturday/Sunday 7:00am. – 3:00pm. A Bachelor of Science Nursing is required with teaching experience.
Please submit resume via email or postal mail to:
Cheniece Lyons, MSN, RN
1360 Oakman Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48238
Contact Mrs. Lyons with any questions at 313-494-4652 or email Lyons@oakland.edu.