Explore the support services and resources available to School of Health Sciences students. Whether you are looking for information on scholarships, student organizations or helpful links across OU’s website, you’ve come to the right place.
For personal support visit our Academic Advising team.
The Collaboration Center offers a group work space that encourages interprofessional collaboration. Located in 3124 HHB, students can utilize the space to complete group projects, host student organization meetings as well as community focused events, complete research, study for the GRE/MCAT, or just stop by between classes.
The ECLIPSE leadership team can be found in the Collaboration Center. Additionally, students from the ECLIPSE program regularly meet in the space.
Career and Life Design
The Career and Life Design Center hosts regular professional development workshops in the Collaboration Center, offering resume workshops, help with writing personal statements for graduate and medical school, and mock interviews. Occasionally employers even come to recruit for internships and job opportunities.
Reserve the Collaboration Center
If you would like to reserve the Collaboration Center for a student organization meeting or other event, please contact Debi Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are looking for some homework help, a study group, online resources or anything else to help you academically - Oakland University has your back. Discover some of the academic support services available to you during your time at OU.
Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is here to help you succeed academically during your time at Oakland University. The ASC provides easy access to tutoring, study groups, supplemental instruction, resources and more. Explore the ASC website to discover more of what they have to offer and explore online resources.
BIO Learning Lounge
If you are a student at Oakland University taking any biology course, be sure to take advantage of the BIO Learning Lounge. Located in Dodge Hall, the Lounge provides access to academic resources (textbooks, online resources, etc.), homework help with a graduate assistant or peer mentors, a safe space to do homework or host study groups and more. Visit the BIO Learning Lounge to Discover, Engage and Belong - visit the website to learn more.
The following scholarship opportunities are available for current SHS students.
For questions regarding the application process and how you qualify, please contact Student Financial Services.
Edward Kuhn Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Undergraduate students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences or the Bachelor of Science in Wellness and Health Promotion degree programs
- Attained sophomore class standing or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Award: one (1) at $2,500
Peggy A. Wenk Histotechnology Endowed Scholarship
- Undergraduate students majoring in Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences with a specialization in Histotechnology
- Preference will be given to students accepted into the William Beaumont Hospital Histotechnology program
- Award: two (2) at $1,000
Carl R. Vann Health Scholarship
- A student in a School of Health Sciences in any Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences program
- Undergraduate junior or senior in class standing
- Candidate must be involved with a professional society or student organization within the School of Health Sciences
- Award: one (1) at $1,000
Safety Engineering Laboratories Endowed Scholarship
- Undergraduate students who have declared Environment Health and Safety as their major, enrolled full or part-time, maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 or
- Graduate students who are enrolled full or part-time in the Master of Science in Safety Management program or any successor program and have a GPA of at least 3.5 in the Master's program
- Students may apply annually as long as the student continues to meet the criteria
- Candidates may be a part-time student at the time of application, but must be enrolled in at least 24 credit hours during the academic year that they receive the scholarship
- A junior who has received the scholarship may apply for renewal for their senior year provided they have maintained at least a 3.5 GPA in the major
- Award: four (4) at $2,500
Stephen K. Hall Endowed Scholarship
- Candidates must be at least freshman or sophomore student who has declared intent to pursue a degree in Environmental Health and Safety, however a junior who is already majoring in Environmental Health and Safety may apply
- Minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA for lower undergraduates, minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA in the major for students with junior class standing
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 24 credits in the academic year for which the award is made
- Preference will be given to the candidate with the highest GPA and demonstrates financial need
- Award: two (2) at $2,500
Frank M. Cleary Memorial Scholarship
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in Environmental Health and Safety or a graduate degree in Safety Management
- Candidates must be enrolled in two or more classes in the awarded semester
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Award: one (1) at $1,000
Idella Hurt Busbee Memorial Book Scholarship
- Candidates must be in good academic standing, declared in an undergraduate major offered by the School of Health Sciences or enrolled in the Master of Public Health graduate program
- Undergraduate candidates must be at sophomore, junior or senior standing
- Award: two (2) at $500
Public Health Scholarship
- Students admitted or enrolled in OU’s Master of Public Health or public health combined program
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- United States citizen, national or permanent resident
- Demonstrate financial need
- Annually, new applicants will be preferred over past Public Health Scholarship awardees
- Award: up to $13,361.93 to cover full-time tuition for four courses in one Academic year
- More information can be found on the MPH website
For information on external scholarship opportunities, please contact your program director.
Search and apply for more than 250 OU scholarships.
To view all OU student organizations, visit GrizzOrgs.