201 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester, Michigan 48309-4451
fax: (248) 370-4544
We offer surplus equipment FREE to university offices. Surplus equipment is also offered FOR SALE to individuals and organizations. Most equipment is in working order. All items are released or sold as is. All sales are final.
A Property Release Form must be submitted to the Property Management Department for any equipment released, regardless of cost, condition, inventoried or non-inventoried. Download the Property Release Form. All computers must be dbanned before being released to PMO. Download and complete the notice of computer release form.
Request to Take Equipment Off Campus
Download the Request To Take Equipment Off Campus form . Laptops and similar portable computing devices are excluded.
As a high volume generator of electronic waste (E-Waste), Oakland University is required by law to dispose of all surplus and scrap electronic equipment in an environmentally responsible manner. The PMO works closely with electronic recycling companies to insure proper disposal of all e-waste. E-Waste may not simply be thrown into the trash! It must be sent to GUS (Grizzly University Storage) in conjunction with an Inventory Release Form.
Items that constitute E-Waste include, but are not limited to: electronic lab equipment, computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, speakers, printers, fax machines, copiers, phones & TV's. In fiscal year 2010, Property Management needed to arrange pickup of 30,000 lbs of E-Waste from its storage building (GUS) using recycling firms specializing in such disposal.
Contact Information and Business Hours
Appointments for viewing or purchasing equipment can be made by contacting email@example.com. Departments may contact Property Management for appointments.
15 Police and Support Services Building
Fax: (248) 370-4544
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (closed noon - 1 p.m.)
Kathryn Walters, Director University Services & Property Management firstname.lastname@example.org
Roberta Carlson, Office Assistant II
Nancy Marsala, Assistant
Property Management - Policies and Procedures
- Departments must complete a Property Release Form and submit the original to the Property Management Office (PMO) for any equipment a department wishes to have removed. Removal of unwanted equipment is completed by submitting a work control request with the Moving and Setup department. PMO does not move equipment.
- Departments must complete a Notice of Computer Release Form for surplus computers (and any other equipment with a hard drive, including copiers) to accompany the Property Release Form.
- For removal of items, departments must submit a work order to the Work Control Center.
- Equipment released to the Property Management office is available to all departments for office use.
- The Property Management office will maintain a “wish list” database of specific items that departments have requested. Items may be added to the wish list by contacting the Property Management office at email@example.com.
- The donation of University Property to third parties is discouraged. On an exception basis, written requests to donate property with little or no value may be submitted to PMO. Further information is included in Policy #365 - Surplus Disposal. Click here for Donation Guidelines.
- Items such as laptops, iPads, tablets and similar portable computing devices when purchased must be coded as S079 and a Property Tag must be requested.
- If the equipment title has remained with a federal agency, send the Property Release Form to the Property Management office. For further information refer to the Policies and Procedures. Michigan sales tax must be collected on sales to individuals and to organizations not holding a certificate of tax exemption.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most equipment is in working order
- You should try to determine whether the item is working prior to purchase
- All items are released as is
- No warranties are given for surplus property
- Warehouse personnel are not allowed to troubleshoot computer problems or offer any type of warranty on merchandise
- Michigan sales tax must be applied to all sales
- All sales are cash (or check with ID) and carry; We cannot accept credit or debit cards
- The purchaser is responsible for removing the equipment from the storage area at the time of purchase; Staff cannot help load items
The Storage Barn (GUS) will be open to the public on the following days. These dates are subject to change.
Upcoming sale dates are:
April 20, 2017 1:30 - 2:30 (weather permitting)
There are no offices, restrooms or phones in GUS. Our PMO office is located in Room 15 Police and Support Services Bldg., GUS is located at 3921 Lonedale Rd, Rochester, MI 48309. Lonedale Road can be accessed via Squirrel Road using the new entrance or you can enter campus via Pioneer Drive. When entering the university by way of Pioneer Drive, take the first right at the traffic circle and make a left at the dirt road, which is Lonedale Road.