It’s never too late to enrich your life with the benefits of higher education. At Oakland University, we support all adults who wish to seek knowledge, sharpen their skills or grow professionally.
Whether you started college but couldn’t finish, or never had the opportunity to take a college course, your pursuit for an advanced degree is easier than you think.
OU offers more than 140 academic programs and degrees in every discipline imaginable, and we have adapted many programs to fit within the lifestyle and demands of adult learners:
- Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies: This degree program lets you create your very own plan of study, or bridge the gap between credits you’ve already earned to another academic discipline.
- Bachelor of Social Work: Night and hybrid courses are offered on OU's main campus and at the AFC in Mount Clemens.
- Communication: With courses offered in the evening, and some available online, communication majors will gain expertise and cultural competency that can be adapted to any industry.
- BSN Degree Completion Sequence: With competitive program rates and no fees, registered nurses can complete their BSN degree totally online and in just one year.
- Business Administration: Succeed in the business world with a variety of degrees that give you a unique combination of academic preparation and practical skills.
- Environmental Health and Safety: Earn this degree online or in-person, and you’ll be equipped with all the knowledge needed to be a safety professional on a multidisciplinary team.
- Fast-Track Programs in Macomb County: Accelerated programs in general management, human resources management, information technology and marketing are offered right where you live and work, in nearby Macomb County.
The OU advantage
Juggling responsibilities like work, children and extracurricular activities — plus taking college courses — can leave you feeling overwhelmed. We’re proud to offer an array of services and resources to help ease that burden and ensure you succeed.
- Accredited early childhood center right on campus.
- Free tutoring and special adult career counseling.
- Disability services ensure education is accessible.
- Technology mentoring and loans.
- Career Services to help land your dream job or get a career boost.
- Nursing rooms in many academic buildings and the Oakland Center.
- Food pantry for easy access to food and other supplies.
- Online transfer tool to see how your credits may transfer.
- Special services just for veteran students.
- Admissions advisers ensure your past college work is maximized. Meet the Staff here.
- An academic adviser can help you find a schedule that works best for your life.
OU’s financial aid advisers work hard to make sure you have options for financial assistance. From scholarships and grants to loans and payment plans, we’ll make sure your journey through college is affordable. In fact, OU offers more than 250 scholarships, including one automatically awarded to students 65 years and older.
Ready to learn more?
Please contact us at (248) 370-3360 or email@example.com to learn more about attending college at this point in your life. We’ll explain the application process for freshmen and transfers, and can answer any questions you may have.
If you’ve attended OU in the past, you should connect with your academic adviser and learn about our readmission process. You may also receive financial support and other special services through our Golden Grizzlies Graduate program.