Emerging Scholars Program
You have the drive. We have the tools to help you succeed. At Oakland University, we provide you with the resources and opportunities that empower you to push for your highest achievement.
If you do not meet Oakland University’s admission requirements but do have areas of academic strength in your high school preparation, you may be offered a two-semester conditional admission to OU through the Emerging Scholars program. Our Emerging Scholars Program prepares qualified high school students for admission to OU through a series of academic and advising initiatives that help develop strategies to ensure academic success and feel immediately engaged and connected to the campus community.
Qualifying students will receive a letter, offering the opportunity to discuss program requirements and expectations, including:
• being enrolled full-time (at least 12 credits) in the fall and winter semesters
• successfully completing 67 percent of attempted credits
• earning a minimum of 28 credits during the fall and winter semesters
• earning a cumulative grade point average at OU that puts you in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or above)
Students must also:
• attend New Student Orientation by June 30
• schedule and attend advising sessions each semester as required through OU’s First Year Advising Center
• enroll in Collegiate Communication (COM 1100) during fall semester
• meet with a success coach weekly in the fall and winter semesters
If you accomplish all of the above criteria after your first year, you will gain full admission to Oakland University for the next available semester.
Questions? Please contact us at (800) OAK-UNIV.