Frontline Workers Scholarship
At Oakland University, we value and appreciate all frontline workers who have contributed so tirelessly to keep our essential industries running during Michigan’s COVID-19 shutdown in the spring of 2020.
If you’ve been approved for the Futures for Frontliners program through the State of Michigan, you also qualify for Oakland University’s Frontline Workers Scholarship. Simply transfer to OU and you'll be eligible to receive a $2,500 award ($1,250 each year, for two years).
We are proud to have awarded the very first Frontline Workers Scholarship to David McCallum! Read David's story.
Oakland University’s Frontline Workers Scholarship supports workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic in their educational journey, including the pursuit of their bachelor’s degree.
The creation of this award, which serves as an extension of the statewide Futures for Frontliners initiative, serves the Oakland University mission of supporting postsecondary degree attainment and impacting Michigan and the world through education, research, scholarship and creative activity.
Eligible students will earn $2,500 over a maximum of 4 semesters ($1,250 per year, or $625 per semester).
- Students must provide proof of approval for participation in the State of Michigan Futures for Frontliners program.
- Students must complete an associate’s degree from any of the 28 Michigan community colleges, or have earned a minimum of 62 credits, at the time of enrollment at OU.
- Students must meet OU admission criteria for scholarship consideration.
- Students must attend OU full-time (minimum 12 credit hours per semester).
- Students must be admitted as a new transfer student, and must enroll at OU by the fall 2024 semester to qualify.
- The Oakland Press: Oakland University offering new scholarship for frontline workers until 2024
- Fox 2 Detroit: OU frontline workers scholarship
- Rochester Patch: Oakland University offering $2,500 scholarship for frontliners
- Michigan Chronicle: Oakland University to offer $2,500 scholarship for frontline workers
- Civic Center TV: Oakland University VP of Enrollment discusses scholarships for frontline workers
- C&G Newspapers: OU announces $2,500 scholarship for Michigan frontline workers
- TV20 Detroit: OU awards Frontliners Scholarship