The Determination and Resilience through Education, Achievement and Motivation (DREAM) Initiative is a student support system designed to make sure Detroit students are on a path to graduation. DREAM participants learn to successfully navigate the academic, financial, emotional and life challenges along their college journey and benefit from specialized programming and support, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a small, close-knit cohort, or “crew,” of students who stay together for all four years at Oakland University
- A university staff member who will act as an advocate in your educational success and proactively link you to campus resources
- A student mentor who offers additional direction and support
- An assigned Financial Aid adviser who guides you and your family through the financial aid process and helps to identify scholarships, grants, student employment and external resource opportunities
- A dedicated academic adviser in the First Year Advising Center who shares and follows up on your course progress
- A free summer experience on campus before the fall semester
- Students choosing to live on campus will be placed in the same residence hall, for additional peer support and community building.
Too many students enter college but never earn a degree. DREAM is designed to help make sure you do. Spots are limited. Sign up today for more information by completing the DREAM interest form or contact Mikayla Gipson, senior recruitment adviser, at (248) 370-2861 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admitted to OU, and committed to participating in the DREAM Initiative?
We welcome you to connect with Michelle Guinyard, Program Coordinator for the DREAM Initiative, who can answer any questions you may have as you get ready to join the Golden Grizzlies community. Michelle can be reached at (248) 370-3705 or email@example.com.
For personalized assistance in reviewing your available financial aid, you may also reach out to Lauren Muray, Senior Financial Aid Adviser, at firstname.lastname@example.org.