College is your time to take chances, develop relationships and explore possibilities. All of these experiences, coupled with your academic adventures, will shape who you are. And when you live on campus, you have the complete freedom to discover who that is -- and what it means for your future.
Make Oakland University your home
Current students can submit fall 2024-winter 2025 housing contracts beginning February 1.
Learn more at oakland.edu/housing/signup.
Featured Hall Virtual Tour
Independence and community are a large part of OU housing’s appeal, but the benefits run deeper than that. Undergraduates who live in student housing are the university’s fastest-growing population segment. They’re involved in everything—filling leadership roles, building student organizations, staging events, and shaping OU’s future.
Those are just some of the ways OU housing intensifies the benefits you enjoy in the classroom. Student residences at Oakland University promote:
- Experience. Living in student housing makes it easier for you to get involved in projects that influence the community. You’ll have opportunities to develop new leadership experiences, showcase your ideas, and achieve concrete outcomes that bolster your resume.
- Supportive relationships. Social life and academic support fuse together in student housing. You’ll have ongoing access to study partners and peer tutors, especially if you live on one of our special interest floors with students who share your academic interests.
- Amenities. Many of our residence halls are equipped with TV lounges, vending machines, laundry, dining facilities, fitness equipment, and other perks.
- Diversity. OU housing hosts the most dynamic segment of the campus population. You’ll live with people from all over the country and overseas, building relationships with students of various cultures, ethnic traditions, and gender identities.
- Convenience. Living in student housing eliminates a lot of hassle, enabling you to focus on what’s really important—your future. You’ll be liberated from concerns (and costs) related to traffic, parking, and other distractions. The result? Less stress, more freedom, and the ability to pour all your energy into the things that matter most.
Here’s another major reason to live in student housing: OU is the safest campus in Michigan and third-safest in the entire country, according to the National Council for Home Safety and Security.
Ready to learn more? Use the links below to explore our housing options, or contact us with any questions.