Apply For Housing
An Important Message from University Housing
Thank you for your interest in on-campus housing. We are grateful that you would like to be a part of our community!
We are now accepting contracts for new, incoming freshmen. To apply, you must submit an online contract. In order to submit a contract or register for Orientation, you must have your Oakland University Net ID. If you are newly admitted to the university, and have not yet activated your Net ID, you can do so here.
Directions on how to apply for housing can be found below.
NOT AN INCOMING FRESHMAN?
Please note that we are currently at capacity for returner, transfer, and commuter upperclassmen students. More information can be found below under Returner, Transfer and Commuter Students.
- Log in to the portal using your NetID and password.
- Click on the Applications tab, and then choose the contract period for which you are applying.
- Carefully review the Terms and Conditions. Remember that when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are providing an electronic signature that states you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions exactly as they are written in the contract.
- Complete the Student Preference page.
- If you want to live with a particular OU student, list his/her name in the Roommate Choice option of the Student Preference page. Roommate requests must be mutual -- meaning, your roommate must also list YOU as his/her choice of roommate (you will NOT be matched with a student unless he/she also lists you as a requested roommate). We make every effort to meet all roommate preferences; however, we cannot guarantee that you will be placed with your requested roommate. Students who do not list a specific roommate choice will be matched with a roommate based on information gathered on the Student Preference page.
- Review and complete both required criminal background questions. YOUR CONTRACT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THESE TWO QUESTIONS.
- Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a housing contract confirmation.
A NOTE ON MEAL PLANS: In April, Residence Halls s tudents will receive an email containing information on their meal plan options, and instructions on how to select their preferred meal plan. Students who live in the apartments or cottages are not required to have a meal plan, but may choose to purchase a voluntary plan at move-in or any time thereafter, if desired.
*This online verification process replaces the formerly required notarized paper contract.
As mentioned above, University Housing has reached capacity for returner, transfer and commuter students. If you would like to be placed on our waitlist, we ask that you please submit an online contract. No additional steps are required to join the waitlist.
Typically, we see a number of contract cancellations throughout the spring and summer. These cancellations open up space for some students on the waitlist.
Students on the waitlist will be assigned to rooms in the order in which their contracts were received and validated, as space becomes available.
While you are on the waitlist, you may cancel your contract at anytime without penalty, provided you have not been assigned to a room. Once you are assigned to a room, cancellation charges will apply. The cancellation charge schedule can be found in the Terms and Conditions of the housing contract. If you would like to cancel your contract, you must complete a Contract Release Form.
It should be noted that we cannot guarantee that everyone on the waitlist will be placed in a room before the start of the school year, and if you choose to remain on the waitlist, it is advised that you develop alternative plans for where you will live in the instance we are unable to place you.
We are deeply sorry we cannot meet demand, and offer our sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by this shortage.