Current Graduate Students
Your determination got you into the Oakland University Graduate School. Now, our passion for your success is taking you to the next level. Explore the amazing tools, resources, services and support we have to propel you forward. Together, we pave your path to success that stretches beyond your expectations.
Please note: All students will be asked to confirm their enrollment status each semester. For more information and to confirm your status, please visit our enrollment confirmation page.
To better support your graduate education, visit the following student pages where you will find information on important dates, thesis and dissertation format approval process, forms, degree evaluation, graduation, helpful tools and more.
- Master's degree students
- Doctoral degree students
- Thesis and Dissertation
- Defense Announcements
- Degree Evaluation
- The events page includes events like our graduate student research conference, the three minute thesis competition and student showcase, research and writing workshops, the graduate teaching assistant series and more.
Additional OU campus resources including:
- OU resources
- OU acronyms
- OU Counseling Center
- The OU Counseling Center hosts support groups that are specific to graduate students. Graduate students have a unique set of needs and concerns. You can view a list of topics by date and register for the support groups by visiting the counseling center website.
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL)
- CETL is a collaborative hub for teaching excellence, engagement, and inspiration for the Oakland University educational community.
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
- OU is an institutional member. The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, post-docs and graduate students.
- To claim your free Institutional Membership, complete the following steps:
- Go to https://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Choose Oakland University from the drop-down menu
- Select "Activate my membership"
- Complete the registration form using your OU email address
- Go to your OU email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click "Activate Account" in the email.
- If you have any questions about the membership, please contact Nivedita Mukherji, Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs at email@example.com.