The School of Health Sciences offers distinct academic programs within five themes, each in purpose for health. From bachelor's to doctoral and post-professional degrees, explore our departments: Interdisciplinary Health Sciences, Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences, Human Movement Science, and Public and Environmental Wellness. The two-year Applied Health Sciences degree completion program prepares current health professionals for career advancement.
With eight distinct majors offered and over 15 concentrations and specializations, the School of Health Sciences has plenty of choices for Oakland University students pursuing health careers.
- Health Sciences, B.S.
- Interdisciplinary Healthcare Studies, B.S.
- Nutrition, B.S.
- Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences, B.S.
With Accelerated Second Degrees or Combined Degrees, achieve a Bachelor's degree and a secondary advanced degree in less time than would be required if the two degrees were done independently.
The Graduate Degrees offered through the School of Health Sciences help students to advanced their career potential in a variety of professions.
- Master of Physician Assistant Sciences, MPAS
- Master of Science in Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences, M.S.
- Master of Science in Exercise Science, M.S.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, DPT
- Doctor of Philosophy in Human Movement Science, Ph.D.
The School of Health Sciences offers an exciting range of minors from several of our departments for students in other disciplines, or for SHS students to add an additional area of study outside of their major.
Certificates, Professional and Continuing Education
To advance knowledge, skills, and training, there are many compelling options for post-baccalaureate/graduate students and working professionals to choose.
- Pathology Sciences
- Clinical Exercise Science
- Corporate and Worksite Wellness
- Epidemiological Research
- Environmental Health and Safety Management
- Global and Population Health Services
- Health Equity
- Oncology Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy
- Teaching and Learning for Health Sciences