Enhance your expertise with expanded knowledge of essential financial concepts. Ideal for the working professional seeking career advancement or a management role. The specialized knowledge gained in this certificate can be applied across a wide range of industries.
This certificate is a five course, 15-credit program for students who possess a bachelor’s degree in any field. Credits earned in this program can be applied toward an MBA at Oakland University. This program is ideal for those looking to acquire a better understanding of finance for a career in management.
While the certificate in a self-contained, standalone program, it is ideal for those who have some prior knowledge of accounting and quantitative methods. Prerequisites will be required for those who have not completed introductory financial accounting and quantitative methods courses.
- Leverage key financial information to make sound business decisions
- Communicate fluently with finance managers and business leaders
- Gain marketable, in-demand skills
Graduate Business Programs
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution.
How to Apply
The application process requires submission of the following:
- Online Application for Admission from the Graduate School
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé - uploaded after online application is submitted
- Two email addresses for individuals who will write your recommendations - added after online application is submitted
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended sent to OU
International students who have not earned a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or university or at least 24 credits from a U.S school, will have additional application requirements:
- A transcript evaluation (for transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States)
- TOEFL Exam Scores (for non-native English speakers unless they have a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or university or at least 24 credits from a U.S. school)