FinTech Graduate Certificate
From banking and mobile payment to cryptocurrency and crowdfunding, financial technology (fintech) is disrupting the mainstream banking and finance sectors. With a Graduate Certificate in FinTech from Oakland University, you will gain the ability to expertly navigate the evolving financial services landscape.
In this 15-credit certificate program students will develop specialized data-management skills as they apply what they learn about data mining, artificial intelligence, block chain, cryptocurrencies, deep learning, machine learning and text analytics to key financial scenarios, including the creation and dynamic implementation of budgets, capital budgeting, valuation, capital structure and derivatives. Special topics may cover mergers and acquisitions, international financial issues and bankruptcy prediction.
Students in the program will:
- Develop tangible skills to innovate at the intersection of finance and technology.
- Gain insight into preparing for and leveraging fintech disruptors.
- Build capabilities to respond to the technological revolution in the financial services industry.
- Expand expertise in this growing, specialized field.
- Earn credits that can be applied toward an Oakland University MBA.
Graduate Business Programs
This certificate program is especially useful for students with an interest in commercial and investment banking, including regulatory applications such as value at risk and expected shortfall.
The program is ideal for students holding a bachelor’s or master’s degree who are interested in pursuing a:
- corporate or investment finance career with an emphasis on technology or data analytics.
- business or data analytics career in the corporate or investment finance sector.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution.
How to Apply
The application process requires submission of the following:
- Online Application for Admission from the Graduate School
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé - uploaded after online application is submitted
- Two email addresses for individuals who will write your recommendations - added after online application is submitted
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended sent to OU
International students who have not earned a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or university or at least 24 credits from a U.S school, will have additional application requirements:
- A transcript evaluation (for transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States)
- TOEFL Exam Scores (for non-native English speakers unless they have a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or university or at least 24 credits from a U.S. school)